Friday, February 29, 2008

Daffodils

Guess I need to work on my photography skills - but going to show this picture none-the-less - trying to get myself back to this blogging thing as I think it is important for my own growth- even if no one else discovers it. So here is a painting (and I table cloth) I recently made.

I have mentioned before that I have been taking painting classes and said I may get up the courage to share my paintings. So here is one - that I actually like :-). I did this at home - but it was based on a lesson we did in class. I was inspired by the actual daffodils that I had bought - I LOVE daffodils (as you can see by the Herend Pottery in the background). I had an urge to paint them that would not go away - so I got out my paints and went for it. I love that I can see how much I've grown in my painting since taking the class. It's hard to tell - but I have used layers of paint and texture and collage - things I never even knew about before. I've used different colors and color combinations from what I used to do. So I have a long way to go - but am pleased with this journey marker.

No comments: